Monday, September 12, 2005

Ouch!

So, things continue here in Mexico. I have gotten VERY familiar with the inside of our house. (Good thing it's a nice house!) I'm still working on getting better, but hopefull I'll be good to go really soon. I actually did get to go out a bit this weekend. I can only walk so much without getting super tired, but on Thursday we went to this cool market after my doctors appointment, and then later that night, a friend took us to the centro where we caught the end of mass in this huge cathedral and also saw a fountain that shot up with lights and music. Mexican Independance Day (which, contrary to popular belief, is NOT 5 de mayo) is this week, so everything is festive and decorated in green, red, and white (the colors of the Mexican flag). I am hoping to be feeling really good for the celebrations on Thursday and Friday. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, Saturday we went to the centro again, where they have this amazing open air market where people set up stands and sell all kinds of stuff. I made a few small purchases, but mostly just enjoyed the atmosphere before we got tired and went home. We will be teaching the workshop tomorrow and Wednesday, so I'm excited about that. It's such an incredible program...I expected to be an expert by now, but I'm actually just beginning. The only other time I taught was once, the day before the surgery. I expect it will go well though. Cuidaros

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Haynie said...

So sorry you're still hurting! By the way, I've updated my blog with photos of the Fairview home we're trying to buy. Check it out at joehaynie.blogspot.com

12:42 PM  
Blogger Joe Haynie said...

Hey sister! You're da bomb diggety! I'm sorry that it's taking so long to feel good... it makes me sad. Hope that you get better. Love You!
Love, Diana

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home