Sunday, September 18, 2005

Extra, extra!

Just a quick update on the progress os my wound...

Tuesday night after teaching the workshop, Kizzy and I were hanging out at home when I looked down and saw a disgusting looking liquid oozing through my clothes. I jumped us (slowly) and ran to the bathroom (carefully) where I pulled off my bandage and proceeded to watch a good amount of this liquid pour out into the sink. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my life. We called the doctor who asked us to come into the clinic immediately, and then called a taxi. While we were waiting for the cab, we snapped this photo...sorry it's gross. It's nothing compared to what I saw. When the cab got there, we took what I am pretty sure was every cobblestone street in Puebla to get to the doctor's office, while I dabbed at my oozing wound with nearly an entire roll of toilet paper. When we got there, the doctor had me lie down on the table and proceeded to stick a small pair of scissors into my wound and open them up inside of me. It didn't feel anything close to good...especially without anesthesia. He got the rest of the liquid out, and explained that it wasn't puss like we had thought, but melted fat. How's that for a weight loss program? (To be honest, I wouldn't recommend it.) He cleaned out the wound, bandaged it up, and sent me home. As awful as that experience was, I am happy to report that I have been making stellar progress since then. I guess whatever needed to come out came out. I am feeling great, and just waiting for the hole that burst open to close up all the way so I can be good as new (with a little scar tissue to boot!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home